Monday, September 13, 2010

Critique on squares



My team mentioned that both of my square designs were obvious that they were each playful and periodic. However, if the periodic one were to stand by itself then it would be hard to see it as periodic. To them they saw it more as a little on the playful side and had to really contemplate if it was periodic. They wanted the periodic piece to be more central and symmetrical as well as the squares to be the same size.

They saw all of the gestalt principles in my pieces except for proximity.

A pattern they noticed was that on both square designs the positive space seem to start on one corner of an edge. My team mentioned that I had good use of space between the squares because it gave a 3D effect.

Everyone agreed that they want to see the puppy to be texturized so I will do just that because I like the puppy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment