Wednesday, September 1, 2010

After the thumbnails I drew up all 40 of them.

After that I cut them.
As soon as I finished up drawing, shading, and cutting all 40 thumbnail,
I picked the top sixteen. My group then critiqued them. They saw that my habit was that I had a range of small squares and very large squares. I didn't have any (or very few) medium sized squares. The shading is very noticeable on the larger circles because I used a thin sharpie so you can see all the marks that I have done. They all liked they way a did my shading because I made designs within the circle. For example, one large dot looked like a rose while another one had a criss cross hatch pattern. 
My team really liked these four. They told me that on the fourth one, one of the groups should be made up of bigger circles so that it wouldn't be so obvious that it was similarity.
Instead, I scrapped the fourth one and decided to change two of the four. I saw my set as an overall and saw no variety in it whatsoever. They pretty much all had the same size of circles so it looked boring to me. So I changed it to this set where it looks like there is more variety and asked my teammates of their opinion. They liked the set except for the fourth one which is why I made a slight change to the end circles.
I finished up the set with the necessary changes. Here is my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment