Monday, August 30, 2010

Cardboard Project




I drew sketches and ideas for my object which is a crab claw. I drew my object from different point of view to get a feel of its dimensions.

I want to be able to wear my crab claw arm so I made some measuring of my arm and made some templates to help me with the dimensions of the crab claw.
I'm constantly making measurements and calculating the ratio of the claw to the size that suits my arm. Instead of  just cutting up squares and gluing them together, I decided to make Octogonal prisms (if thats even a term) so that it will look nicer and glue them together to make the claw. I'm pretty much creating puzzle pieces and putting them together.
I calculate the length and width as well the perimeter of the puzzle pieces that I am  cutting and draw them on the cardboard.
After that I cut up the board on the guided lines to fold up the puzzle piece. All I do is rinse and repeat the process for every piece and hopefully get to the finish product that I am aiming for. In case you are wondering, the flaps on the ends are for when I connect the pieces together. This way they have something to glue on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment